February 9, 2010

V4YS Ep/Album Review - Massive Attack - Heligoland

I'll be quick on this one as it is certainly already commented all over the net. The reason I wanted to mention it is that when listening to this record I really had the impression to see an old friend back from a long absence.
"Blue Lines" and "Protection", their first two albums in 91 and 94, are two of my favorite records ever but I've never really gotten into all their productions afterwards, though they often received much praises. But here comes Heligoland and I feel as if "my" Massive Attack is back for good!
Dark beats, complex sounds, perfect production, captivating voices from a wide range of collaborations (Tunde Adebimpe from Tv On The Radio, Damon Albarn, Horace Andy among others), I love it.

Here is a deezer streaming of two of my favorite tracks :

No comments:

Post a Comment