November 12, 2015

Active Bird Community - I've Been Going Swimming

The relentless rise of the digital era has been a boon for sound engineers & producers of all kinds. If you're good enough at it, a modern DAW software and a MacBook Pro are almost all you need to deliver an almost pro-quality post-prod sound to any musician/band.

As much as I find this tech trend a gift from heaven, I also still enjoy a healthy dose of  "rough" sound, with little (or well hidden) digital add-ons. Especially when we're talking indie rock. Probably my mid 80's/early 90's Uk indie rock side..but I digress.

The whole point of this was to highlight you this beautiful self-released LP from Ny-based band Active Bird Community. A bunch of college friends with an undeniable talent for crafting melancholic indie songs, that you'll find all the more stirring precisely courtesy of their fresh "live-like" recording feel.
I'm thinking early Teenage Fan Club or Blur sound...did I tell you about my Uk indie rock side? Anyway, launch the playlist below, and let it ride, there's a good chance you'll wanna know more about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment