I wanted to highlight 3 of his recent productions all released these last couple of months which I find symbolic of the current high-quality nudisco/re-edits musical space
Trip To Your Mind Ep (Arision Records)
The first Ep, released on Arision Records is a case in point in the "art" of re-edit. LTJ X-PERIENCE reworked of one of my favorite disco-funk anthem : "Trip To Your Mind" from Hudson People.To me the result is what a good re-edit is all about : keeping the spirit of the original song intact and adding a groovy contemporary feel to it. Below you'll find a youtube player of the original song and a soundcloud player of LTJ X-Perience version to make your own opinion :
LTJ X-Perience re-edit :
Original track from Hudson People :
Secret Service Ep (Slazy Beats Recordings)
The second Ep deals with the other part of this musical space i.e. nudisco/slo-motion house."Secret Service" is a 2-track Ep released by LTJ X-Perience under the pseudonym of "The Beatdown Soundmachine" on the relatively new Slazy Beats Recordings label run by 4 passionate guys from Australia, Netherlands, Usa and Denmark. I actually urge you to check their blog where you'll find lots of infos on what's goin on in this mid-tempo electro scene.
Back to this record : deep groovy tempos, short & heady vocals, funky basslines and guitars samples : my definition of this type of house!
Below a soundcloud player of the second track, "Groove Is On My Mind" (I bet it is!) :
Super Value Special Edits 09 Ep (Super Value)
Super Value Special Edits 09 lies in between groove and slo-mo house. I did not identify the several samples (especially the cool jazzy vibes on the first track) he used in these tracks but all I can say is that this Ep is another brilliant production from the Super Value crew.
Juno player with extracts below :
No comments:
Post a Comment