![]() |
| Quantic |
A regular guest singer on several former Quantic productions, nu-funk singer Alice Russel was also part of the show to add to the excitement.
![]() |
| Nidia Gongora & Quantic |
![]() |
| Alice Russel |
The band offered an explosive performance that lasted almost 2 hours. They alternated between funky latin tracks from the album, classic colombian cumbia songs, a killer boogaloo track from Alfredo Linares old-school days and a few soul/funk tunes when Alice Russel was in charge (among which her classic groovy song with Quantic Soul Orchestra called "Pushing On").

On top of their musical excellence I particularly appreciated the enthusiasm of each band member. These guys enjoy themselves, you can feel it, and I guarantee the joy easily spreads to the audience! Nidia Gongora fantastic stage presence best illustrates this.
A must-see band if they happen to play anywhere near you!
Below videos from yesterday's live version of "Mas Pan" :
Un grand merci à Vincent pour ses superbes photos!



Hi there:
ReplyDeletemaybe it's is interesting for you:
Future Beats Vol. 1 is a nice compilation from www.gladyspalmera.com : Pernett, La-33, Bomba Estereo, Ana Tijoux, Quantic & His Combo Barbaro, Grupo Fantasma.....
Download it for free at:
http://www.gladyspalmera.com/recopilatorio
Best
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHey! I was at this concert and had a simply unforgettable time. I agree with your assessment - the band was off the hook and each piece was played with enthusiasm, professionalism and that essential ingredient: soul...
ReplyDeletePlus, I think Cabaret Sauvage was the perfect setting for such a special moment. thanks for posting your thoughts, the pics and vids! (Especially coz you caught me in one - the girl with the yellow flower in her hair :)
Profites-bien des prochains concerts à Paris!